lunes, 26 de octubre de 2015

Post 4: My Favorite Festivity


My favorite festivity  is Christmas. This festivity it celebrated on 25th of december every year.

Christmas is one of the most important festivities of the Christianity. This solemnity commemorate the nativity of Jesus Christ in Belen. It is celebrated on 25th of december in the Catholic church, in the Anglican church, in some Protestant communities and in many Orthodox churches. Although the exact day of the birth of Jesus Christ is not known (because it is not in the Old Testament nor in the New Testament), the twenty fifth of december has been meaningful for the people of the antiquity that celebrates during the winter solstice in the north hemisphere.

To commemorate this festivity,some days before of Christmas, my mom and I decorate our house with a christmas theme: we put lights outside of the house, we put them in the livingroom the classic Christmas tree with some ornament and we put a beautiful manger. Besides, every year on that date I meet with my family (parents, brother, grandmother, grandfather, uncles, cousins). We have dinner and later we give a gift to everyone.

I like this festivity because I think that the people are  happier, besides where I live the streets look beautiful with all the color of lights.




No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario